Who is Lucinda Tate?
Why does she want to be your City Commissioner?
Personal Background prepares me to be your City Commissioner:
- Lucinda is a Native Oregonian, raised as a child in Montana, and moved to Portland as an adult.
- Lucinda is a single mother of an adult daughter.
- Lucinda has a Bachelor Degree in Education and a certificate in Public Administration.
- Lucinda has worked in public service jobs for 33 years and 3 years as a small business owner servicing the public.
- Lucinda served on the State of Oregon’s largest public employee union (OSEA) as Dist. Council President and State Board Member for five years.
- Lucinda is a passionate community activist, a progressive thinker, and seeks social justice for all people.
- Lucinda is currently Chair of the Portland Rainbow Coalition, an active member of the Jobs with Justice Faith/Labor Committee and Metropolitan Alliance for Common Good.
Professional Background leads me to be your next City Commissioner:
- Money Management: Lucinda worked as an independent financial analyst/agent in the areas of debt management, auto/home insurance, and investments. US Dept of Labor and State monitor of funds specialist.
- Creating Jobs: Lucinda was a public employee serving the State Employment Division, Mt. Hood & Portland Community Colleges and the City of Portland in the areas of employment and training, job development, recruitment and job retention.
- Small Business Relationships: Lucinda has developed small business plans, written RFP’s and assisted contractors with public bidding process. She has worked with the Federal, State and Local contract and compliance offices as a consultant and auditor.
- Public Advocate: Lucinda is presently working as an advocate for the working poor and unrepresented populations of our City as part of the Social Justice mission of the St. Andrew Community Center.
- Lucinda is currently seeking support to qualify as a Campaign Finance Fund participating candidate